Forums/Discussion/Ask a Question

Answered

Cellular Automata using Idrisi,

jamal numan
asked this on August 03, 2012 08:03

Cellular Automata using Idrisi,

I’m not sure how can I use the Idrisi software to predict the future urban expansion. Could you please indicate where can I find an integrated example how to use the idrisi to solve this issue.

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Comments

User photo
Gabriela Morales

Look for the CA-Markov modules and LCM (land change modeler) modules in IDRISI Manual and tutorial (you get them at the help tab in the Menu). But the specifics would depend on what you want to achieve, you resolution, type of data, etc. As well as how far in the futur you wat to predict.

Check them out hopefully you'll get a first hint. Good luck!

Gaby.

August 08, 2012 02:41
User photo
jamal numan

Many thanks Gaby for the answer.

What I wished to find is a step by step example (with data) in how to use the CA_Markove but unfortunately I couldn’t find such helping material.

Please, let me know where can I find a step by step exercise (with data) in how to use the CA_Markove

Best

Jamal

August 08, 2012 17:25
User photo
Elad Mokadi

Hi Jamal,

Basically, other than the CA-Markov chapter in the tutorial, you may wish to go through the MCE chapters (2.7-2.12). They are the best step-by-step exercises you'll find for developing the Transition Suitability Image Collection.

Good luck!

August 24, 2012 15:57
User photo
jamal numan

Many thanks Mokadi for the answer. This is quite useful.

Best

Jamal

August 27, 2012 17:04
User photo
lcm

very easy is IDRISI CA-Markov model.............

September 26, 2012 06:39
User photo
Sayem Zaman

In CA_Markov module, an error saying: "file projected land cover area 2006.txt not formatted correctly". In the markov transition areas file slot: i've used the output as a .txt format  i got from Markov run. I have no idea what kind of specific format it was talking about, i didn't see anything from the Manual either.Any help appreciated.
thanks
Zaman

December 06, 2012 16:37
User photo
jamal numan

The issue of the software that they don’t introduce an integrated example with screenshots so that one can smoothly get engaged on its environment.

Screenshots are much more powerful that “words”!

December 28, 2012 13:50
User photo
Rafael Harun

Hi,

I wanted to know how the transition potential maps were created in tutorial 3.6 of Idrisi Taiga. Do you have any socioeconomic data for the Westboro, MA? If yes, is it possible to provide some of the data? 

Thanks.

Rafael

March 13, 2013 18:47
User photo
jamal numan

Hi Rafael,

All what I have as data is what I downloaded from the internet.

Apologies

Best

Jamal

March 16, 2013 18:22
User photo
Indrian RA

Hi, 

I have difficulties in how to scoring and weighting land suitability image.. Should it always 0 for not suitable and 1 for suitable ? 
Is CA MARKOV modul can accept continous score such as 0.8 or 1.5 ?

I really don't understand about this part.

Thank You for your help,

Indrian 

May 08, 2013 02:30
User photo
jamal numan

Did you sort out your issue Indrian?

May 15, 2013 17:12
User photo
Sk.Mustak

When I used CA_Markov to predict the LUCC, a error dialog box notice "tmpclass_2.rst (second input image) not found", but the file "tmpclass_2.rst" was exist. Please help me to deal with the problem. Thank U! ! kindly help me

December 01, 2013 13:18
User photo
Meeli Roose

You have to set default folder in IDRISI. Do not browse.

February 14, 2014 10:18
User photo
Santosh

dear friend can i use the raster classified image from ArcGIS into IDRISI for CA_Markov  to predict the LULC and  how it will work.

April 03, 2014 08:31